10.17.2012

How to Carve a Pumpkin

Disclaimer: I am no expert in pumpkin carving. In fact, this is my very first time to carve one! Jesse and I had so much fun doing it. So here's a non-expert step by step guide to pumpkin carving. 

STEP 1: Prepare your carving table and your tools. We laid out a plastic bag to minimize the mess. Tools would be knives and spoon. A paring knife will be helpful when you carve out your design.



STEP 2: Create an opening at the top part of the pumpkin. It's optional to mark the top part to open your pumpkin. I realized it's better without the mark. 



Yey! I did it!



STEP 3: Get your hands dirty and take out the seeds and the stringy things inside. The spoon was helpful but we used our hands most of the time. 





STEP 4: Draw your design. If you gifted then you can go straight to carving. As for us, we checked pinterest for designs and went with the boogeyman and drew it on the pumpkin before carving. 


carve, carve, carve


STEP 5: Clean out the edges, get your tea light candles...


et voila! here's our pumpkin! I am so happy with the outcome. 



 Good job babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment